Conceived to repair the house, then you should pay special attention to repairing the ceiling. It is a part of the interior, which can be its final chord with a competent design and correctly chosen material. Increasingly, the material chosen by the drywall finishing in Toronto. It is made of: partitions, niches, arches, align the walls and ceiling.
The right tools:
Assembly of the frame
1. Step back from the ceiling 5cm if you have no additional communications under the ceiling except lighting. In a room with a high ceiling, you can choose any height.
2. Set the horizon level. Make a pebble cord, connect all points with a horizontal line around the perimeter of the room.
3. Fix the guide profiles to the walls. From the edge of the profile indent 10 cm. Glug the sealing tape to the profile and fix it to the wall with the profile plugs. The sealing strip is used so that there is no gap between the profile and the surface. The profile is fastened to at least 3 dowels.
4. Making markings for the main ceiling profiles. Since the width of the drywall finishing in Toronto sheet is 120 cm, the profiles are installed at a distance of 40 cm from each other to fix the sheet in the middle and at the edges. At such a short distance, jumpering between them is only necessary at the cross joints of the sheets. Therefore, the suspension pitch for the ceiling profiles will be 50 cm each.
5. We will install the ceiling profiles. Their length is 3 meters, if the room is smaller, the profile should be cut with scissors 1 cm shorter than the length of the room. If the room is larger, a profile extension must be purchased to increase the length.
6. Fix the ceiling profile without sagging to the hangers, starting from the corners of the room with 4 self-tapping screws with a press washer. Continuously check the evenness of the long level. In the same way we fasten the second profile. On the opposite wall we perform the same operations. Then we gradually move to the center and hang the remaining profiles.
7. Fixing the suspension frame. We cut the jumpers from the ceiling profile. Fasten at the joints of drywall with the help of special one-level fasteners (crabs). Screw the mount on four self-tapping screws, bending the mustache.
On the ceiling lining with plasterboard take narrow sheets with a thickness of 8 to 9.5 mm. The sheets can be ordinary, waterproof and fireproof. For rooms with high humidity, it is recommended to use moisture-resistant gypsum board, as it contains hydrophobic additives.
1. Before fixing drywall to the ceiling, chamfers must be removed - cut the edges with a knife at an angle so that the putty fills the gap well. There is already a chamfer on the glued ends, so there is no need to remove it.
2. Fix the sheets start from a corner, with a pitch of self-tapping screws 15 cm, and from the edge retreat 10 mm. On the adjacent sheets, twist the screws into a run. Hats should be recessed.
3. Scheme of stacking the sheets - a chessboard. That is, the first sheet is stacked on the full length, next to it is attached half of the sheet, etc. Such a scheme to ensure optimal running of the joints.
4. Along the perimeter of the room between the sheet of drywall and the wall, as well as between adjacent sheets should leave a gap of 2 mm wide. These gaps will then be covered with putty.
Once the plasterboard ceilings have been finished, you will need to do some finishing work in Toronto:
1.Covering the stitches.
2.Apply a primer to the entire surface of the material.
3.Paint the surface or perform another option of finishing - to glue wallpaper, tile, etc.
As it turned out, work with drywall finishing in Toronto can be done without involving specialists. If the height of the room allows you to experiment, you can think of an original design in several levels with smooth transitions and sharp drops, niches for hidden lighting. The order of work will be slightly different from that described above, we will tell you about it in the following posts.